This engine is remanufactured using the most technically advanced methods – incorporating both CNC machining and DC torque equipment. All components are inspected to assure viability and then verified by Quality Control Personnel. All sub-assemblies and components are both pressure and vacuum tested prior to being installed. Once assembled, state of the art computer controlled pressure testing is performed as a final verification of casting integrity. Final testing is done with our proprietary “ProTester Max” at 600 RPM. If applicable both VVT (Variable Valve Timing) and DOD (Displacement on Demand) units are physically operated and 100% confirmed. Compression, oil pressure, oil flow and four, ninety degree stop and match readings are verified to assure your engine will meet or exceed your expectations. Fluorescent dye within the testing oil is used as a countermeasure to find any possible oil leaks, including the crankshaft rear seal. This state of the art testing far surpasses a “hot fire” engine. Engines come as long block assemblies that ship with a finishing gasket set and a new oil pump. We consider it a privilege to provide you with engine assemblies that we remanufacture with PRIDE!
PROFessional Powertrain has been delivering quality engines and engine parts since 1959. All PROFessional Powertrain engines are remanufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications under ISO 9001:2000 certified manufacturing processes in a state-of-the-art facility. Choose PROFessional Powertrain remanufactured engines to experience like-new, increased performance for your vehicle.
Why Choose PROFessional Powertrain Remanufactured Parts?
Professional installers choose remanufactured parts 4:1 over the next leading engine replacement option. Remanufactured parts offer economic and environmental options without compromising quality.
The useful life of vehicles has greatly increased in recent years. At the same time, the primary cause of engine failure is poor maintenance or critical sub-component failure, meaning that a vehicle with a failed engine likely still has many serviceable years ahead of it. PROFessional Powertrain engines have been remanufactured back to like-new quality, so you can add years of useful life to your automotive at a fraction of the cost of buying a new vehicle.
PROFessional Powertrain produces engines to standards that meet or exceed original equipment (OE) specifications. Furthermore, because of advancements in the years since the original engine design, a remanufacture can add improvements that will produce a more efficient and durable engine. All engines are manufactured under ISO 9001:2000 standards. As a veteran Tier 1 supplier to OEMs, PROFessional Powertrain observes the same quality for remanufacturing processes as is demanded by OEM customers.
Engineered to Be Superior to OEM Performance
PROFessional Powertrain engines are designed and built to be superior to the OE engine that came with your vehicle. Some key improvements include:
- Bearings: Federal Mogul Aluminum bearings feature a patented thrust bearing that improves oiling to the thrust flange, preventing premature thrust failures such as those common to some Ford engines, resulting in longer life and dependability.
- Crankshafts: PROFessional Powertrain crankshaft journal surfaces offer an RA finish of 12 or lower, improving over the common RA finishes of 15 or higher found in most OE engines, and allowing for a better fit and closer tolerance levers for increased life.
- Rear Main Seals: Teflon seals are the latest technology available for zero oil seepage at the rear of the engine–a vast improvement over common neoprene seals that wear out over time.
- Pistons: Anodized piston heads increase durability, reduce emissions, and guarantee a longer lifespan over common OE engines that only offer heads with hypereutectic coating.
- Mating Surface Finishes: Better RMA finishes provide a better sealing contact surface for head gaskets and meet or exceed the recommendations of aftermarket gasket manufacturers.
- Castings: PROFessional Powertrain’s aged and cycled castings have greater rigidity that provides longer stability.
- Valve Seat Angles: Three angle valve seats optimize sealing, maximize fuel mixture and flow, and ensure carbon clearout. Most OE engines only have two angle valve seats.
- Specification Tolerances: PROFessional Powertrain has recuded the allowable tolerances by 1/2. An engine that is built to tighter tolerances is a superior product in wear, durability, and dependability.
Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
Each engine we remanufacture is essentially reverse engineered – in part to discover original factory deficiencies. If possible, our seasoned R&D personnel and QC experts make improvements. Why shouldn’t our engine last longer than your first?
Engines come with installation gasket set and oil pump unless noted otherwise. If we have important installation information it will be included on tags or in the paperwork packaged with your engine.
Engines are securely packaged in a recyclable container that will also protect your core on the return trip. Our nationwide warehouse network means speedy delivery.
Each engine is remanufactured with quality OE level components not “white” box generic parts that may or may not satisfy your needs and expectations. When you use the best you get the best results and satisfaction.